Who doesn't enjoy talking about themselves? Admit it, you toot your own horn (What a dirty expression. Or that's just my mind in the gutter. As usual.) . I mean isn't that what blogging is all about? Putting yourself out there, talking about you, you, you. As I type this Toby Keith's song "I Wanna Talk About Me" keeps playing in my head. For this shameless post I'll be doing just that. #18 Brag
Bragging is one of those things where if it's unwarranted, or your just a pompous ass, you come off as, well, a pompous ass. There needs to be a reason that you're self-promoting and acting like 'yo shit don't stank. However... I also think everyone should be capable of bragging. In a modest sort of way. C'mon, you're awesome too! Listen to Dr. Phil. Own it!
That being said, below you're going to find a list of (random)reasons why I
know think I'm awesome or am proud of me. Basically it's a list of things or accomplishments that I'm proud of. Also, it's why people should bow applaud, and throw cupcakes and other offerings at my feet as I walk by. Ok, maybe not the cupcakes. I'm not a fan of dirt in my icing. But still, something cool! Why? Because "I'm a little tired, I'm a little wired, and I think I deserve a little appreciation! (Name that movie!)
- I have a thirst for life and a winning personality.
- I work full-time and go to school. My day starts at 6am and ends at 11pm
- I've lived on my own since I was 18.
- I dropped out of college determined to go back. I did.
- I've never broken a bone.
- I have no allergies.
- I have the greatest group of core friends someone could ask for. (Yes, they are better than yours).
- I wanted a job in the city. I got one.
- I'm going to Jamaica in April.
- I've pulled myself (75%) out of debt.
- I can walk in sky-high heels. Correctly.
- I can be girly and be "one of the boys" at the same time. (This is something very important to me)
- I can drive manual.
- I've been in an abusive relationship (Not an accomplishment, but an experience. One I am proud to have learned)
- I'm published in an anthology.
All in all, I'm sure there are other things I'm proud of but in the interest of not developing the sickness known as EgoTrip, I'll stop. I think everyone should be able to boast about things they're proud of. If you can't recognize your accomplishments who else will?
So fellow bloggers, get on your soapbox and tell me why YOU are awesome!