Day 12: 12 Things - What are 12 things your life doesn’t need in 2012? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 12 things change your life? (Props to original Author: Sam Davidson) If you did Reverb10, how are you making out on your 11 Things from last year?
At first I thought 12 would be too few, but as I sit here trying to think of number 8, I realize it’s not so easy.
- Fair-weather friends: I’ve been weeding out these type of people over the last couple of months and it’s quite liberating.
- Debt: Looking at the Big Picture I actually don’t have a lot of debt. The majority of it is student loans minus a few things that I am taking care of. Still, being debt free is great and is a huge stress relief.
- Fat: Since 2009 I have regained 13 pounds. When I do the math 13 doesn’t seem like that much. However those are 13 pounds that I don’t need or want and I’m going to get back to a healthy lifestyle. I’ve got a 5k I want to do in April and I need to be ready!
- Hoarding: I wouldn’t consider myself an actual hoarder but I have a habit of keeping clothes, pens and half filled notebooks. Not in 2012 I won’t.
- Drama: This one is pretty self-explanatory. 2012 will present its own challenges and tests. I won’t need anyone else’s problems to bring me down.
- Skin cancer: I am a self proclaimed sun sponge. I soak up those glorious UV rays with ease. In the past 2 years though I’ve been trying to be better. I started using SPF on my face and instead of using my non-SPF oil each time, I’ll try my best to use the SPF 4 lotion one. Even the dermatologist said 4 is better than nothing. I’m starting to see some signs of sun damage and I’d like to put a stop to doing any more.
- TV: Although Todd, my trusty assistant, takes care of all my TV needs I should give him a break. I don’t spend hours glued in front of the TV but cutting down on my “must see” shows won’t hurt. Especially since by the time I get around to watching all the episodes the season is over.
- Unnecessary expenses: As I mentioned in my Wishing reverb post, I need to work on my saving abilities. Instead of grabbing a coffee every morning, or buying snacks while I’m at school I need to start planning ahead and bringing things with me.
- Wasted time: Sometimes I’m really horrible at time management. This is something I always vow to work on but never actually get around to doing. This year I really need to make the effort. We all know the saying, time = money.
- Procrastination: This is sometimes easier said than done but it relates to all things. I’ve been meaning to go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade for the past 6 years. I don’t go because I don’t want to go alone but you know what? It’s something I want to do and if it means going alone, so be it. I am going in 2012. The same goes for New Year’s Eve.