I think I’m finally starting to get back into the swing of things just in time for fall.
I kept my summer goals pretty lean because I didn’t want to overdo it. Here’s how they went:
- Buy a fireproof safe – fail I’m not sure why I didn’t do this, but I haven’t. I’m going to take a look on Amazon around holiday time and see if I can find a good deal. Otherwise, I’ll just use the Walmart card.
- Hit the beach at least 5x – pass This was kind of a cheat. I knew I’d be at the beach for a week this summer but I wanted to be sure I went more than just that trip. I did.
- Pay off remaining NJ tax – fail Again with procrastination. See, this will automatically get paid when I file my 2016 taxes. Knowing that I’ve been lazy about taking care of this. However, if I do, more refund for me…
- Get through the magazines - pass I'm giving myself a pass on this because I tossed more than half the pile. As of right now I only have 12 to get through! Seriously progress!
- Lose 5 lbs - fail I'm pretty sure I've gained weight since I made the post outlining these goals but who knows. I haven't stepped on a scale in months.
Now that fall is officially here (today!) I’m no longer guiltily thinking about all the fall things I plan to do.
- Attend NYC Planners meet in November – yup.
- Go to the Bloomsburg Fair – This was on my list last year and the weather failed us so we never went. I’m going this weekend.
- Halloween parties – I have a few invites this year and I’d like to hit as many as possible, you know, to get my money’s worth from my costume an all.
- Finish the donut – This is a game we play at the party I go to every year. You have to eat a dry, powdered donut hanging from a string as fast as possible. Last year I had one bite left and someone beat me.
- Make something from scratch – Last year I made apple pie from scratch and it was delicious. This year I’m going to try something new.
- Seasonal ‘No spend’ – this one kind of worries me but I’m going to really effing try this time. I went overboard on stickers in August, then I was in Mexico and spent way to much in September so that means I need to rein it in. Winter solstice will be here before I know it!
- Closet purge – I’m a hoarder of hoodies, coats, and scarves. And we all know I rarely where most of them. I’m going to do a fall/winter closet purge to get ready for the rest of the year.
Those are my plans for the fall season. I’d say drink cider, eat a candy apple, carve a pumpkin but we all know I do those things every year – it’s tradition!
What are your plans for this fall?